-
Magnum Roofing
Distance: 2.8 Mi14 Bexley Place
K2H 8W2 Nepean -
Capital Window Films
Distance: 2.9 Mi141 Canada Goose Blvd.,
L6R 2C1 Brampton -
Let It Rain Ltd
Distance: 5.7 Mi408 Gibraltar Dr
L5T 2P5 Mississauga -
George Kent Home Improvements Ltd
Distance: 6.0 Mi1-6350 Tomken Rd
L5T 1Y3 Mississauga -
Roofs on Homes
Distance: 10.8 Mi5243 Durie Rd
L5M 2C6 Mississauga
Website Links
Description
The present building is located across the road from the original site (and you will note that the original cemetery is still on the west side of Torbram). The original design of the Church had a balcony over the west end and a two-story section on the east. A circular stained-glass window was installed above the vestibule which originally had a flat roof with a steeple-shaped tower on each front corner. In 1925, Harrison Methodist Church became Harrison United Church, following Church Union. In 1947, the building was renovated to raise the auditorium 35 inches and the lower level was dug down three feet. In 1983, Har Tikvah Congregation of Brampton purchased the church and converted it into a synagogue, where it continues to serve the Jewish community of Brampton and Caledon. The synagogue is a Reform temple. When the building was purchased, many changes took place. New stained glass windows were installed on the east wall, and an ark was custom built to house the Torahs (scrolls). In 1998, land was purchased to the north of the building, to accommodate future growth of Har Tikvah Congregation of Brampton. In 1999, portables were moved onto the site to house the Hebrew school.