Company founded
1896
The Edmonton Country Club was formed in 1896 and members played on a five-hole course situated on the land presently occupied by the Legislative building and grounds. In 1911, the Edmonton Country Club obtained a Provincial Charter and purchased the land at its present location. Part of the course now in use, plus an area in the lower flat land was being played upon in 1913. The first Clubhouse was rebuilt around the original fireplace, where it stood for 43 years.